AC motors are the workhorse of today's modern machinery. Running on alternating current, AC motors have a stationary stator producing a rotating primary magnetic field and inside a rotor attached to the motor shaft creating a secondary magnetic field. The relationship between the two magnetic fields creates the motor's speed and torque characteristics.
AC motor rebuilding is done in a very efficient process at Goding Electric. Every AC motor goes through the same basic steps to guarantee your motor will be operating as good or better than before.
- Visual inspection of motor
- Test run if possible
- Dismantle, Clean, and Inspect
- Test winding
- If winding is bad it gets rewound
- Wash and dry the good winding
- Machinist measures all bearing fits
- Any necessary machine work done
- New bearings and seals installed
- Assemble, Test, and Paint
New AC Motors
Sometimes you just need a new motor. Maybe you have a new machine or it is more cost effective compared to repair.
We stock 100's of motors in fractional to multi-hundred horsepower from multiple manufacturers. If by chance we don't have what you need we can normally have it within 24 hours.
Useful information to have:
- Horsepower or Kilowatt size
- Motor speed
- Motor Frame size
- Voltage requirements
We can also customize a motor to fit your application needs. Call us for personalized attention. 630-858-7700